THE INDEPENDENT MUSIC AWARDS GLOBAL NETWORK
UNITES BANDS, FANS & BRANDS
The IMAs reach deep into the global independent community providing unrivaled access to more than 50 million music fans, music makers, programmers, talent buyers, film, TV & gaming music supervisors, retailers, media outlets and licensing organizations.
Unique Sponsorship Opportunities Include:
• Home page
• IMA artists & judges news
• Featured video(s)
• Featured Sponsor(s)
• Digital Download Cards
• Web TV Series
• Live Events
• Qualified mailing list of 95,000+ includes musicians, media and industry influencers
• Opt-in email list of 150,000 fans
• Individual websites and social networks of The IMA artists and judges
• Winners promoted to over 50 million consumers via online retail sites including eMusic, PureVolume and iTunes
• Widgets virally distributed by The IMA artists and their fans
Created by Music Resource Group, publisher of The Musician’s Atlas, one of the industry’s most trusted brands, The Independent Music Awards is The platform for discovering the best independent music as determined by true music fans and the artists musicians respect most.
A Soundtrack For Every Taste
• Honors are awarded in more than 70 Album, Song, Design and Music Video categories.
• Music honors span all genres with specialty categories that include Love Song, Social Action Song, Concept Album, and Re-issue Album.
• Winners and Nominees include an eclectic mix of top-ranked self-released and indie label talent from more than 70 countries on six continents.
The IMA Winners Are Vetted By Influential Artists And Industry Pros
Partial list of judges who have joined The IMAs:
Tom Waits, Peter Gabriel, Norah Jones, Wynonna, Keith Urban, Roger Daltrey, Snoop Dogg, Melissa Ethridge, Ray Davies, Paquito D’ Rivera,The Black Keys, George Jones, Ricky Skaggs, Pete Wentz, Mark Hoppus, Aimee Mann, Lou Reed, The Apples in Stereo, David Garrett, Suzanne Vega, Bill Wyman, Bebel Gilberto, Chris Thile, Bill Frisell, Ozzy Osbourne, Bettye LaVette, Judy Collins, Buddy Guy, Ben Folds, Les Claypool, Angelique Kidjo, Mavis Staples, Roseanne Cash, Yolanda Adams, Zooey Deschanel and M. Ward.
The Platform For Independent Bands & Fans
• The Independent Music Awards reach millions of motivated early adopters and active lifestyle consumers of all ages and tastes.
• Honors for active social media music fans enhance established fan-focused programs in 10th program currently accepting submissions.
New Media Platforms
Deliver dynamic marketing opportunities and social profile data:
• The Vox Pop Jukebox: interactive, viral voting platform for general public to discover & champion Nominees. Over the last year, more than 150,000 fans have registered at The IMA site.
Introduction of the Vox Pop Widget expected to increase consumer participation by 250% in 2010.
• Judge Pages: include bio, interviews and purchase options for the incredible line-up of influential artists that determine The IMA Winners
• Nominee/Winners Pages: include bio, interviews, purchase options for artists in the program
• Fan Pages (beta): Fans sponsoring artists in The IMAs to be featured on site including a dedicated fan page – IMA Honors bestowed upon the most active fans
• Social Media Sites: Continuous promotion via social networks including MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
• IMAtv (new): Online network featuring variety of self-produced web series, live performances and interviews
MRG produces and films showcases featuring The IMA Winners and Nominees.
Live footage air on YouTube, Vimeo and IMAtv
Past showcases include:
• Symphony Space: Hosted by music writer and Rolling Stone contributing editor Anthony DeCurtis this sold-out event was recorded on May 7, 2009.
3 artists shared their stories & songs on stage at Symphony Space – a New York arts institution and home of the popular NPR short story series Selected Shorts.
• CMJ Music Marathon: 7-hour musical extravaganza featuring an assortment of The IMA winners on stage at the legendary Kenny’s Castaways in NYC.