10th Annual Children’s Music Album Nominee
[mp3player width=170 height=120 border=1 config=multiplesongconfig.xml file=http://www.independentmusicawards.com/ima/ima_wordpress/wp-content/fmp-jw-files/playlists/rainbowconnection.xml]
Record Label: American Laundromat Records
Genre: Indie, Children’s
Category Entered: Children’s Music Album
Work Submitted: Sing Me To Sleep: Indie Lullabies (Various Artists)
Full Track Listing:
1. “Asleep” (Smiths cover) – Stars
2. “Have You Forgotten” (Red House Painters cover) – Jenny Owen Youngs
3. “Little Boxes” – The Real Tuesday Weld
4. “Inchworm” – The Leisure Society
5. “Pure Imagination” – The Rest
6. “Dear Prudence” (Beatles cover) – Casey Mecija (Ohbijou)
7. “Dream A Little Dream Of Me” – Dala
8. “Can’t Get It Out Of My Head” (ELO cover) – Telekinesis
9. “Making Me Smile” – Dean & Britta
10. “You And Your Sister” (Chris Bell cover) – O+S
11. “Moon River” (Breakfast at Tiffany’s Soundtrack) – Tanya Donelly
12. “Cloudbusting” (Kate Bush cover) – Neil Halstead
13. “The North Wind Doth Blow” – Snowbird
14. “Rainbow Connection” (Muppet Movie Soundtrack) – Trespassers William
Label: American Laundromat Records
A beautiful, award-winning collection of newly recorded lullabies and popular songs whimsically re-imagined as lullabies by some of today’s best indie artists, including; Tanya Donelly, Dean & Britta, The Leisure Society, The Rest, Telekinesis, Jenny Owen Youngs, The Real Tuesday Weld, Trespassers William, and Neil Halstead. Sing Me To Sleep is the proud recipient of the 2010 NAPPA Gold Award for Best Children’s Album presented by the National Association of Parenting Publications, the prestigious 2010 Seal of Excellence Award presented by Creative Child Magazine, and most recently, an Independent Music Award nomination for best Children’s Album. It’s a refreshingly unique album that has earned praise from both the indie music community and popular parenting blogs worldwide. All proceeds from this wonderful album are donated to The Valerie Fund, a non-profit charitable organization that provides support for the comprehensive health care of children with cancer and blood disorders.
Official Web: www.alr-music.com
Why was this compilation released? As a charity CD to benefit The Valerie Fund (www.thevaleriefund.org), a non-profit charitable organization that provides support for the comprehensive health care of children with cancer and blood disorders.
What is the common factor between all the songs on the compilation? Indie artists redefine what it means to be a lullaby.
Why did you choose to submit this work to The 10th IMA’s? We think we produced a wonderful Children’s album that can be enjoyed by both children, parents, and indie music enthusiasts worldwide.
Should music be free: No.
Has digital affected your career? Yes, 70% of overall sales come from digital downloads.
Are digital singles vs. full albums the future of music? Not necessarily. Singles have always been popular. I remember buying 45’s as a teenager. Digital singles are simply the new 45. Full albums will always be in demand.
Finish this sentence: The music industry is… always evolving.